- All Rights Reserved - Copyright © Simon Bayliss 2008-18 Simon Bayliss
- Last Updated: 01 November 2018 01 November 2018
- Hits: 51 51
The Darling River Run
Darling River Experiences and Activities
The Darling River Run is so much more than a drive along the Darling River.
Driving through the centre of Outback NSW, along the ancient waterway that is the Darling River, is a great experience, but what adds to that experience is what to do it the various towns, National Parks, and station stays along the way. Whether it is for a driver break, and overnight stay, or an exptended break, there is so much to do and experience while doing the Darling River Run.
As for towns, each is unique and offers the vistor some great experiences.
- Walgett Bore Baths
- Junction of the Barwon and Namoi rivers
- Aboriginal Fish Traps
- Christ Church and Suspension bridge
- PV Jandra – Paddle boat
- ‘Back o Bourke’ Visitor Centre
- Mathews Monument – Celtic Cross
- The Tilpa Pub
- Boer War Memorial
- Australia’s Shortest Heritage Trail
- Best Burgers in the Outback
- Tilpa Trading Post
- Historic architecture and buildings
- Burke and Will arrow – Maiden’s Hotel
- Menindee Lakes
- Kinchega National Park
- The Old Wharf site
- Mungo National Park
- Perry Sandhills
- Murray Darling confluence
- Historic town walk and drive
- PS Ruby paddle steamer
To help you get motivated, here are some images collected over the last decade of visitors experiencing the Darling River Run.